Contact and Tango are two dance forms that focus on the relation to the partner and on the flow of energy circulating between them. Using the dynamics of fluids as a visual metaphor for these dances we will bring their elements together to create a richer and more liberating form of physical expression.
From tango we can focus on:
- The clarity of axis and the use of spirals
- The interplay of balances and counter balances
- Rhythm and melody
From Contact improvisation we will study:
- Falls, levas, grounding, lifts
- The conscious use of centripetal and centrifugal forces
- The free body relation to the earth
There is no need to have any experience in either or both techniques.